Tuesday, May 5

Ode to George

 He was a tank. . . Need I say more?
  On the day that I got back to Provo from California, I was involved in a car accident.  I made it back to Provo around 12:30pm, had to be at work by 1:30pm, and got in a car accident by around 10:30pm.  (Maybe it had something to do with things being done on the half hour that day?)  I had left work late and was heading home.  I was heading south on University Avenue and was approaching the intersection at Bulldog Blvd.  As I was approaching, the light had just barely turned yellow and so I thought that I had time.  But then another car started to turn left (they were heading north on University and turning west onto Bulldog).  As soon as I saw them start to go, I hit my brakes and turned to the left in an effort to avoid hitting the other car but to no avail . . . we still collided.  
  Effectively, the insurance adjuster from Allstate said that George was pretty much totaled, which kind of sucks since that that is/was the car I was driving, thereby leaving me without a vehicle, and Dad and I have put a lot of work into George recently.  I wonder what they said about the other car.  I hit their passenger side on the lower half of both doors and pushed them in far enough that you could see the edge of the car frame.  Interesting if you consider that I was only going 35 mph previous to me slamming on the brakes, so I really was not going that fast.  Needless to say, they could not open either of the doors on the passenger side of their car.  Fortunately, I was able to drive George home afterwards and their insurance is paying for me to have a rental car so I can get to and from work, among other places.

2 comments:

Vickie said...

I'm sad that George is gone. And I'm glad that you're OK. I'm sure you'll find another car to love!

Jena said...

poor george! he was a good car...