We started by heading out to Soldier Hollow, and then Midway, over Jordanelle Pass, Francis, Oakley, Rockport and out to Coalville. After Coalville, we turned around and headed back to Oakley, Francis, back over Jordanelle Pass, and ended in Heber. This is a map of the route:
It does not look like it would be that hard but almost all of it was made up of hills after hills after hills.... Because of how many hills (not too mention Jordanelle Pass:4 miles at an 8% grade!) there were, it took me a while to complete the century but complete it I did. I met all of my goals that I had set and I biked it all! The only walking I did was at the rest stops, and at the beginning and end. It was kind of cool at the lunch break hearing all of our cleats making noise on the cement while we walked around.

I was so filthy when I was done! I had dirt, grease, tire marks, chain marks, dried sweat, etc... all over me, especially on my legs. I took a picture of my legs at the end but the picture doesn't do enough justice as to how filthy my legs were. I also had a random burn spot on my right upper thigh even though I know I sprayed that spot with sunscreen. I was a little burned around the edges on my back too. Evidently, I didn't get the sunscreen all the way to the edges when I was spraying my back.
I was so filthy when I was done! I had dirt, grease, tire marks, chain marks, dried sweat, etc... all over me, especially on my legs. I took a picture of my legs at the end but the picture doesn't do enough justice as to how filthy my legs were. I also had a random burn spot on my right upper thigh even though I know I sprayed that spot with sunscreen. I was a little burned around the edges on my back too. Evidently, I didn't get the sunscreen all the way to the edges when I was spraying my back.
Overall, I am really glad that I did it and met all my goals. In a few more years, I might do the Heber Valley Century again. I was talking to some of the other riders and they were telling me about some of the other centuries that are out there that are pretty fun too.
1 comment:
Very cool! Glad you met all of your goals.
Post a Comment