Wednesday, March 24

Random Bumper Stickers

So my local bike shop put on a ladies night tonight at their Orem location.  During the process of driving home afterwards, I saw the following two bumper stickers:

       and



I only comment on this because this is not something you usually see plastered to a car, especially in Utah...  Plus I have always been under the impression that those who lean more towards the pagan side of things don't necessarily broadcast it but keep it more under wraps.  But I could be wrong.  I am by no means an authority on pagan religions and their do's and don'ts.

Then I saw this bumper sticker:


I find it funny because it is completely random.  I know that Robert Jordan has a huge following (I am actually attempting to reread the Wheel of Time series right now... attempting because I am in school full-time and working full-time and as a result, do not have a lot of free time so it is going very slowly...) but you don't usually see a lot of Wheel of Time paraphernalia out there unless you are at a convention, book signing, or something....  Again, I could be totally wrong here.  I am not an authority on Robert Jordan and the Wheel of Time either.

Another reason, I find this interesting is because of two other recent events concerning this series.  First, at the beginning of February, I went up to Rexburg to visit people and one of the guys that I gave a ride up there was reading this series and we ending up talking about it for a bit.  Second, sometime in January, I was in the bookstore on campus looking at the most recent release for this series (i.e. reading the flap, etc...) when two guys come up to me and we end up talking about the series and about the co-author.  Random.  And I find it interesting because I know exactly what the bumper sticker is referring to.

2 comments:

Vickie said...

I think some of Dan Brown's books gave Goddess worship a push and so now it's a trendy thing to do. The BYU Museum put on a series of lectures about this and is showing them on BYUtv - I watched one on Goddess worship last night. Search the listings and you can watch them too!

Anonymous said...

If you like the wheel of time series, I'm sure you'd like any of Brandon Sanderson's books. He's the one that's been asked to finish the wheel of time series. He's great. I just read the book Elantris as well as the Mistborn series. If you've never read them, you'd love them.