We started off with dinner and then there were skits performed by all the FHE groups. Some of them were pretty good and others left you wondering, "what in the world were you thinking?" We all watched Kung Fu Panda in one of the cabins, stood around the fire talking and roasting marshmallows and starbursts, and a dutch oven cook-off. I also played catch phrase with a twist: if it ended on you, you had to perform a dare... no truth involved here, all dare. Some of them were gross, others interesting, and others just fun. For example, I had to eat a piece of a twig. It was pretty fun.
I loved the opportunity it presented in getting to know other members of the ward better outside of church and FHE settings. Plus I got to go camping! And even though I had to leave at 3:30 in the morning, did I go to sleep early? Nope, I went to bed at about 2:30 or so. It quite possibly could have been even later too. When my alarm went off in the morning, it didn't even register that it was mine going off. All I could think was that somebody's phone kept ringing and wouldn't stop.
All in all, I had a blast and I love camping! I have included some pictures of the Heber Valley Camp from their website.

We had to drive all the way up this mountain and it was switchback and switchback but worth it for the view at the top!
This is one of the cabins we stayed in. I know that it isn't real camping if you stay in a cabin but with all the people we had, tents weren't really feasible. It was still fun though! And even though, there wasn't snow anywhere else, there was snow by the cabins and the pavilion.

2 comments:
At first I was surprised to see you had a ward camp out. Although I realize now that you were in cabins, I'm sure that had something to do with not having co-ed tent camping. That can be a little dangerous. Before Jared and I were married we went rafting with the Bowman's, and they had one of their sons sleep in front of the door of my tent . . . just in case.
Just in case... that's funny! Yes, having cabins definitely would hinder co-ed camping. It was a lot of fun and I am really glad that the ward had one.
Post a Comment